15hp 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15hp 2006

Hey there guys!! Looks like you have a good forum going here..this would be my first post and I guess I'll get right down to the nitty gritty..

We just got this motor last summer brand new and it's fantastic..well at least it was. The thing is, it started cutting out once you let off the choke and the first time it happened we quickly re-choked it and it revved back up and once it started to die out from being choked we would let off the choke and it would rev back up again but would soon start to die; and so the process repeats itself..the first time this happened we choked and un-choked it about 25 times and then it ran fine for like 4 miles. The next time we took it out it ran fine for about a mile and then started doing the same stuff so the choking process started all over again. This last time we had it on the water we had to do the choking deal for like 5 minutes straight before it would run ok and it onl ran for about 1/2 a mile before it started doing all over again and then we couldn't get it to run right at all after that.

We figure it must be something to do with the carb but we're not sure what. Any insite into the problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and then as my dad was rinsing off the motor he had the chain lying across the battery and after rinsing the battery off (because it got some salt spray on it) and then rinsing the motor he said that when a stream of water running off the motor went to ground (literally the ground) it fried the ground wire running to the foot of the motor. How hard is it to replace that with a new one?

Thanks again for any help you guys!

Probably need to remove and clean carb, if you see water clean tank as well. The ground wire connects under motor mount bolt but can be replaced.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply!! I guess the reason why we didn't get right on that is because the fuel filter leading from the tank is clean..I suppose that that will be the first step though.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
      X