Ring-Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring-Free

I bought my boat new last year with a 200 hpdi. I never ran ring free, and started using it this past weekend.

I put 4 ozs in a full tank of gas 39 gallons or so. Would that make my boat run bad? At WOT 5800 RPM/s the boat would drop the RPM's down to 4000 or so and then take back off. It would run fine them drop back off. Thanks!

is this an '08 motor also ?

initially it sounds like an o2 sensor issue, clogged or bad:

http://www.boatsetup.com/O2sensor.pdf
    Last edited by jb123; 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

honestly I am frustrated. It is an 08, and has been to the dealer 3 times. The dealer has been great but not able to figure out the issue. First they thought it was plugs, second they thought it was a throttle linkage connection and asm shift adjustment third, it was an oil pump recall that was fouling the plugs (per yamaha) . Pump was replaced, and I was sent home with the boat.

After bringing the boat home, it ran great for the first 3 runs, and then it started ****ing at WOT and dropping rpm's and speed. Then after 30 seconds or so it would take off again and run good for a bit and do the same. Seems like the longer runs is when it happens. The dealer takes it to a small lake and can't keep the pedal down for a long stretch so they are unable to duplicate the problem.

I was hoping it was the ring free and i would have to burn off the carbon, but i dont think so. Called the dealer and now they want to check the fuel injectors. This will be the 4th time back to the dealer. Tx season is next weekend and I cant be without a boat!
      Last edited by wksetter; 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
      X