Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical / CDI

I have a 92 yamaha 115 2 stroke.

Just last year I had to replace the CDI box as the motor was not getting any spark. The engine ran flawlessly untill a week or so ago when it dropped down to 2 cylinders, the other two on the left side will not spark. I am assuming it is the box again as I have checked the coils by rotating them on both sides and the problem remains.

Looks like I am going to have to get a new box unless anyone has any other suggestions. Also, what could be causing the part to go bad, especially in under a year?

Thanks

you need to check the DVA voltage into and out of the cdi box to be sure. Sounds like it could be trigger or stator if you lost spark on one bank, they are under the flywheel. Is the CDI box a oem yamaha?

Comment

I believe it was oem but I am not sure.

We switched both of the triggers/stators and the problem was still on the left side no matter which was hooked up. So we have switched sides with all components and the problem still consist on the same side. I guess I will order another box from the site here....

Comment

So you have twins?

Comment

No,,,,

There are 4 coil packs and I rotated all of them, and I believe there are also 2 stators up under the flywheel and we also rotated those as well..

Comment

Ordered a new voltage regulator, noticed it was runnin at 16+. Think that could be frying the box? I know I have lost a few batteries and that is probably why.

Comment

Working...
            X