703 remote control part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 remote control part #

i have a flats boat with a mini side console. 703 remote is mounted on side gunnel. to support it to the gunnel there is a black plastic bracket that attaches up the right side of the 703 then forms a 13" x 2 3/4" "c" that attached to the gunnel. any idea what this part # is and where to get it.
    thanks
    bob brown

For the Yammie 703 remote control box, look up your motor at:

http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...model-parts.pl

then go to "remote control component parts", looks like what you are describing is
    part# 44 703-48293-10-00 SPACER,REM-CON $21.01

or, you could fabricate that part out of starboard or similar material w/ a jigsaw and a drill. Seems to me that it's just a spacer and not a crucial item for the 703 to function other than giving room for the neutral throttle lever to clear.

I assume you could also add some kind of antivibration material (weatherstripping etc) if you wanted. An even simpler thing to to would be to fabricate some cylindrical plastic bushings on the (3) bolts and skip the spacer block alltogether. I am assuming the original part broke???

On my 703 control box, I was having salt problems, so I "goo'ed" all the threaded components w/ OMC gasket sealer. Also went inside the box and put dielectric connector grease on all of the barrel elec connectors....might want to dissassemble your control box and do a clean-up/lube job on the mechanical components if it has never been done and/or subject to a lot of salt spray...it's a little tricky, keep the components in order as you dissassemble and make a sketch, especially if you don't have a shop manual w/ schematic..take care not to pinch any of the wiring when reassembling and note (prior to dissassembly) which wire goes where......

you may have to do some tweaking on the control cable adjustments if you get into it that deep....just my amateur 2 cents worth...hate taking anything to a $$$$ mechanic.

Comment

Sorry, reread you dillema and see that you describe the spacer block as integrated w/ the gunnel attachment bracket??

My 703 has the spacer then tied into an aluminum bracket riveted into the gunnel...

Might have to fabricate the part..

Comment

thanks jd. good website. i'll check with the local guys and then probably have to break out the tools.
        i appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
        X