Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Hi everyone I'm new to the boards (first post), I've got some questions and am going to have a lot more. First one is can I get a genuine Yamaha shop manual for a 1990 200ETLD any where? I've checked Yamaha's site and they show out of stock. If I can't get one which is better Sealoc or Clymers? I have to do a rebuild on the above motor and really would like a OEM manual. I've had a lot of motors come to me in many ways but this one is the first I've ever had come to me in a box. .
    Also parts availability, I've done some surfing and there is a wide swing in pricing for parts such as bearings and rings. I'm a little confused as to needle bearings on the wrist pins in the online parts catalog they are listed as dowel pins with a qty of 0 and no price. I went to a local dealer and he shows you need qty of 80 at .38 each that's crazy. And another question on crank shaft bearings, do replacement bearing sets come with a spring to secure them in the crank case? Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is my first endeavor in to the Yamaha world. Thanks.

I don't know the answer to most of your questions but I purchased a Clymer Manual for a 2 stroke 50 HP and was very pleased with it. More info than the Factory one I also bought .

As a word of caution, my local Yamaha dealer told me that they don't work on anything over 10 years old due to the Ethonol problems (seal compatability etc.)

So ,for what it is worth.........

Comment

There is an misprint on the parts diagram for that model engine on wrist pin bearings, the bearing 93603-21111-00 are $.33 each and qty should read 180 which the quanity for all six rods, you would need 30 per cylinder. The center main bearings do come complete with race and clip.
      Yamaha Outboard Parts 1990 200ETXD
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks! That's what I was looking for, I went crazy last night and popped out the wrist pin on one cylinder and counted the bearings. These old 90* hammers are close to the OMC's now if I can find a shop manual I'll be sitting pretty.
        Last edited by ChampioNman; 01-27-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X