Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Indication

Hi,

I have a 130hp V4 with the standard issue electronic gauges. I noticed that the speed indication is not working. After much scratching I have found a black pipe located above the front the the lower unit, below this is a hole with and earth strap and what appears to be the other side of this pipe.

Is this the speed sender pipe? I tried to blow on the pipe with the ignition on but the motor not turning, it does not affect the reading on the gauge.

If this is the sender pipe doed the lower unit have to come off to replace it?

Thanks
    Andrew

that tube you found does need to be connected in order for the speedo to work. ALSO on the front edge of the lower unit is the opening, which might need to be cleaned out as debris always will clog it. its about 10" down from where you see the tube. you can use a small drill bit by HAND to try to clear any clog.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Does the lower unit have to come off completely for the new pipe to be fitted or can one drop the lower unit an inch or two to effect the repair.

Cheers
      Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X