Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha Premium Binnacle Control Switch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Premium Binnacle Control Switch ?

I just purchased a NEW 704 premium binnacle control that came with instructions but does not indicate how to attach the micro switch that is attached to it's wiring harness.

The switch is roughly 1" x 1/2" and is soldered to 2 brown wires on the attached harness.

Inside the control there are 2 'bumps' cast in the metal plate and there appear to be 2 'bumps' molded into the plastic 'arms' directly above the 'bumps' on the metal plate. I'm pretty sure these 'bumps' will line up with the thru holes in the corners of the switch and the plastic arms will hold the switch in place with a spring like action.

The problem is, even if the switch mounts in that postion, there is absolutely nothing that will contact the switch 'button' to activate it no matter what postion I put the throttle arm in.

I belive this switch is the NEUTRAL 'lockout' protection.

Does anyone have instructions, a picture, something they can scan and email or anything to help me figure out what this switch is for and how to properly mount it?

Is it possible that a part may be missing that would contact and activate the switch button?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

If it's a new 704 control box the neutral safety switch should already be mounted in side box and 2 brown leads with bullet connectors that plug into the adapter harness and adapter plugs into main harness at key switch panel.
    Here is the part listing.
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE CONTROL BINNACLE PREMIUM SINGLE Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X