checking warning system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking warning system

Hello, I have a Yamaha 4 stroke 115 2003 model and need to know how to check if the warning system is working properly. I bought the boat new and have never heard any buzzers or anything seince I bought it and it accured to me that perhaps I should check to make sure that indeed it is working properly, especially being I may do some off sure fishing this year. I also am considering adding some gauges such as temp, water pressure etc. to better keep an eye on engine performance, any advice on how to check warning system as well as adding guages to this motor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

You would need special jumper leads to test overheat and low oil pressure warning on your motor, take it to your dealer to be tested. You can install a water pressure gauge or water temp gauge on a F115 but not both, there is only 1 water port on that engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

not sure

Ok, I have decided that what I beleave I should do is add some guages to my engine, (water temp, oil pressure, etc.) im not a big fan of just having warning buzzer or light. would rather be able to monitor gauges and determine if a problem exist or is starting to exist. the only thing is Im not sure how to go about it? I have alot of mechanical experience and would love to add these myself but not sure what to buy? would love to be able to just plug the harnesses in like it appears yamaha guages will allow you to do but not sure what I need? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

An oil pressure gauge is not available but the water temp gauge is, see link
        Water Temp Gauge and Sender
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Do the water temp guages and sending units come with instructions on where to hook up to engine?

Comment

No It does not come with instructions. Sounds like you already have gauges so you would just connect yellow, black and blue wires from water temp or pressure gauge to gauge harness yellow,black and blue wires that is already in your boat.
            Don't have a clear picture of location of water port on engine but it is a plug(14mm socket to remove) behind dipstick.
            F115WaterPressurePort.JPG
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X