remove the tiller handle to make it remote throttle and shift,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove the tiller handle to make it remote throttle and shift,

I have a T 9.9 GEXH and would like to remove the tiller handle to make it remote throttle and shift, and remote start. I know there is a remote kit available from Yamaha. I'm wondering how much work this is, where I would find the instructions. I would also like to change the electric start from the 10 pin harness to a 7 pin harness. I have the seven pin harness on my existing motor. Is this information available in a manual?

The remote conversion is not hard, look at diagram http://parts.yamaha-motor.com/partim...x?d=109050,2,0.
    If you already have a control box make sure it has push to open throttle.
    If you have a 703 control box and it is pull to open you change it 703-48207-17-10 push to open with 10 pin main harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Morse control box,How about the the 7 pin

I have a morse control box which I will need to turn the cam on how about the 7 pin Q?? My current set up is 7 pin
      i'd like to keep it ??? No need for the 10 pin there is no lift fuction...tks ..m

Comment

Thats the only harness listed for the the T9.9G motors. The only 7 pin to 10 pin adapter(7 pin eng. to 10 pin controls) is backwards for what you need. You can change to a 10 pin main harness to key switch, 6X3-8258A-00-00 16ft.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X