Solonoid for choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solonoid for choke

Model C40TLRY Year 2000. Choke assy. has solonoid. I read continuity 30 ohms thru coil but it doesn't work. Hooked directly to 12 volt battery, pushed on plunger but felt no action. Is it gone? Can I buy just replacement solonoid?

It takes several minutes for the piston to move when hooked to 12 volts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tom,
      Make sure the plunger on the choke assy. is free to move and not binding up. Check it with no power applied. As you move it in and out, it should move the connecting linkage freely. Also, I would expect the resistance of the coil on the choke to be less than 30 ohms, for that would only give you approx 1/3 amp thru the coil, and I don't think that would be enough current to pull in the plunger. I would expect something on the order of maybe 10 ohms for the coil resistance.
      As soon as power is applied to the choke, it should respond immediately.I don't know if the solinoid is a seperate item or not. Check the parts catalog online at boats.net.
      Good luck,
      Ken K.
      fishingkat@aol.com

Comment

Well I looked through the 40hp engine pics in the parts cat..I will be darned if I could locate the choke solenoid???

TMD

Comment

Working...
        X