Digital Gauges- No Economy reading on fuel Mngmnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Gauges- No Economy reading on fuel Mngmnt

I have 3 Round Yamaha Digital Gauges, Speedometer- Using tube from Outboard for speed , Fuel Management Gauge, and Tach I have them connected together, I get a readout on all except The Economy on the Fuel management, I get GPH, Gallons used, but nothing for MPG?
    I am getting the readouts on all the functions of all the other gauges.
    Can anyone help please?

Check wire connections between FM gauge and speedo.
    Check dip switch settings are correct for speedometer signal not GPS signal.
    FMSettings.JPG
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Dip switches set correctly- Blue Wire?

Thanks for the help and info.
      I do have the dip switches set correctly, they were in that position you illustrated. I did noticed that there are other diagrams that show 2 sets of dip switches. Mine is the one that one set of six switches, the one illustrated.

I have a question, I have the dark blue wires from all 3 guages connected to each other, but it does not terminate anywhere, I see on the wiring diagram that they ?MAY? connect to the dark Blue going from the main engine harness to the Key switch? What is this wires function or purpose, the dark blue one from the keyswitch, and the dark blues fron the gauges?
      Much Thanks in advance

Comment

FMSettings.JPG
        The Dark blue wire is the backlight in gauges, if blue is connected to yellow wire the lights will come on when turn key on. If blue is connected to nav light switch backlight will come on with boat lights.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Fuel Management not showing MPG

I am still having trouble. I believe all of the wires from the guages are connected, the dip switches are in the correct positions, I have even tried changing the position of the dip switches with no results. The speedo is working and the fuel management gauge calculates gallons per hour and gallons used but no mules per gallon the speedo is using the pressure tube from the motor and is accurate.
          What is wrong and where do I need to look?

Comment

May have to take it to your dealer, if all switches and wiring is correct it should work.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X