Tilt Trim Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Trim Problems

I have a 2002 Yamaha 150 VMAX that has made a noise like it was low on fluid since I got it last spring, but it seemed to work OK. I checked the fluid level added a small amount and it has been working until now.
    Now the trim portion will raise until the tilt cylinder should take over and raise it up but it stops at that point and it sounds like the motor is bypassing.
    I checked the fluid and it is full. I removed the unit tore it apart and can't find any bad O rings or any other problems.
    Any ideas?

May have to bleed air out, fill it with fluid with it in up position, then release manual tilt screw and let motor trim all the way down, raise motor back up to full tilt by hand and refill with fluid. Repeat 3 or 4 times.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      May have to bleed air out, fill it with fluid with it in up position, then release manual tilt screw and let motor trim all the way down, raise motor back up to full tilt by hand and refill with fluid. Repeat 3 or 4 times.

Sorry but do you mean lift the motor manually up by hand after lowering with the tilt screw or by using the trim button? I think I have the same problem and if spring ever rolls around i can pull my boat out of storage and fix my trim problems.

Comment

Lift by hand, using trim button will only mix air into fluid and foam up.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X