Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Pro50 2-stroke Service Manual

All,

I'm new to the forum and see that there are tons of useful info here. Great forum!

Last summer, I got hold of my 1996 Pro50 - and I am genuinely keen to preserve, maintain and repair this engine on my own.

Engine has a rather rough idle and from time to time one of the cylinders is holding back and not 'kicking in' until I'm at 1/4-1/3 throttle. Also, the trim/tilt indicator on the digital display is "dead". It shows RPM and oil level flawlessly.

I see that there are a few references to service manuals here on the forum - but where do I get hold of one to get started understanding this engine?

Thanks and regards,
    Lars.

You can order the Yamaha manuals at http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes, I have ordered the service manual from Yamaha and waiting for it to arrive;

But I see others here talk about other manuals for the same outboard - by different vendors, and that some manuals are better than others?

Which is the most comprehensive service manual?

Is there such a thing as Diagnostics Manuals for this outboard?

Thanks,
      LArs.

Comment

For what it is worth........

As I've stated previously on this board, I was not impressed with the Yamaha manual for my 50 HP 2 stroke.

I bought a Clymer. Lots of info and pictures and procedures/descriptions.

Seloc manuals are also available for most models.

cheers !!

Comment

Working...
        X