Disconnecting Oil injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting Oil injection

New boat with oil injection and would like to remove it. Located on a 130 1999 yamaha. Easy to disconnect from the tank, the sending unit and oil line, but not sure if the alarm will go off??? Anything else I need to do>>?? Thanks in advance.

I would suggest leaving it on, Yamaha's oil injection works extremely well.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I am concerned about the sending unit failing and being stranded. How reliable are they? How long should they last?

Comment

hello
        i would suggest to keep it too, yamaha oil injections are very reliable like boats.net says, i have several of them on waverunners and boats, i have never seen any failed, and some of them are over 1500 hours of rentals.
        the key is: maintenance maintenance.
        do not let the main pump to corrode, the little pump nipples will break off, do not let the hoses to rub or shrink ( they do shrink after years, especialy on waverunners), replace them if needed, make sure the zip ties clamps at the end don't come loose, don't let the electric pump on the remote oil tank to rust( usualy located in the bilge) clean once in the wile the inline oil filter located next to the electric oil pump in the remote tank, and drain also the water separator located on the bottom of the engine oil tank,and don't let the sludge building on the bottom of these oil tanks, that's it.
        nothing difficult, only basic maintenance.
        excuse my frenglish
        cyrillefrenchy

Comment

Working...
        X