Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction Speedometer Display Problems

Hello
    I recently purchased a boat with a multifunction speedometer however nothing shows up on the LCD display when it is turned on, all I see is the blank screen. I believe the gauge is model 6Y5-83570-S5-00. I knew of the problem before I purchased the boat just hoping it was a simple loose wire or a blown fuse. I checked all the connections and fuses but no luck solving the problem.

I have been doing some reading on the internet and read that exposure to sun for long periods of time will fade the display however there is a Multifunction Tachometer model 6Y5-8350T-81-00 literally an inch away from the speedometer and the display on this works fine. The display is a clear and legible as can be.

I know the speedometer is getting power because the greenish LCD backlight is working. Has anyone come across this problem before or have any thoughts on how to solve it. Also if anyone has a wiring diagram or the manual for this gauge and could send it to me it would be appreciated. I am trying to find a way to fix the problem without having to buy a $450 Gauge. Thanks again to anyone who has some ideas.

Check for 12 volts between yellow and black wires at back of speedo with ignition key on, if have power then gauge is probably bad.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I checked and I have 12V darn.... Thanks for your help

Comment

Same problem

Same issue, key On, battery On. Gauge lights work with nav lts On. 0 volts. Ideas?
        Last edited by Mfrancoeur; 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: Added detail

Comment

Working...
        X