Tilt Problems 96 c150V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Problems 96 c150V

I own a Yamaha C150V made in 96. The trim is squealing really loud when it's going up till off the rams. I drained all the fluid and replaced it ran the tilt and trim a few times but after that I still had the persistant squealing when going up, very high pitch. NO problems going down. Is the motor going and are the very expensive to fix?

You need to bleed the air out of it. Raise the motor all the way up and then loosen the manual adjust screw on the side. The motor will fall and you should hear air escaping. Do this a few times, but you need to wait a few minutes in between because the fluid will bubble when you raise the motor up. Also make sure that you have enough fluid in the reservoir, but do not overfill. It never hurts to clean the rams up and put a little grease around the seals.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisco58 View Post
      You need to bleed the air out of it. Raise the motor all the way up and then loosen the manual adjust screw on the side. The motor will fall and you should hear air escaping. Do this a few times, but you need to wait a few minutes in between because the fluid will bubble when you raise the motor up. Also make sure that you have enough fluid in the reservoir, but do not overfill. It never hurts to clean the rams up and put a little grease around the seals.
      Just a few questions, how do I know if I've overfilled? I open my reservoir cap and squeezed in fluid till it started seeping out where I was filling, did I overfill? What type of fluid do you grease the rams with, trim fluid or water proof grease? The only way to release air in the system is to use the manual turn screw? I thought opening the reservoir than fiiling and running tilt would purge any air but I never did use the manual release. It will have to probably wait till later as I'm late for work and won't finish till midnight. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X