Yamaha HOUR METER install,'06 SX 230

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha HOUR METER install,'06 SX 230

The tech people at Yamaha corp. were not very helpful in describing where to attach the single inductive (18 ga.) wire. They instructed me to wrap the wire numerous times around one of the ignition coils that connect directly to the spark plug. I did that and it only worked intermittently. When I spoke to a service advisor at the dealer where I had bought the meter, he said the technician had a "secret" wire where he would soldier the inductive (18 ga.) wire to. Does anyone out there know the color and location of this "secret" wire?

No I havn't tried to connect that wire to anything other than spark plug lead.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha hour meter install(2006 SX230)

I have double checked the operation of this meter by installing it on my Yamaha FZ1 motorcycle (it has spark plug wires). I wrapped the trigger wire around the plug wire a few times and started the cycle up and the meter started working perfectly. The problem is that the Yamaha boat (2006 SX230) doesn't have spark plug wires (direct ignition system), so I wrapped the inductive pickup wire around the #1 cylinder ignition coil and found there is not enough of an electrical impulse to trigger the hour meter to start working. There is an optional way to hook up the inductive pickup wire but, the Yamaha dealer who sold me the meter won't tell me the location and color code of the wire that I need to connect the meter inductive pickup wire to.If Yamaha Dealers are selling these hour meters to the public, for this application (2006 Sx230), they should provide detailed and specific information on how to install it!This is "LAME" on the part of the Dealer and manufacture! I will figure this instillation out sooner or later and I will share it with the rest of the world. Paul (ASE master tech and 30yr. Porsche, Audi,VW registered tech).

Comment

We are not a Yamaha Jet boat dealer and not that familiar with them but the boat doesn't come with hour meter. Yamaha outboards and Yamaha Waverunner have hour meters in the tach.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha HOUR METER install,'06 SX 230

I have an SX230 where the coil is part of the spark plug cap. The only way I was able to get the hour meter to work was to remove the coil/sparkplug cap. Push the rubber seal on the cap at the top down about 1/2 way towards the end where the spark plug goes. Wrap the hour meter wire tightly in a neat roll around the top of the coil just underneath where the wire harness plugs in. Make 4 wraps and zip tie back to itself. Push the rubber seal back up into original position. It will need to stretch and go over part of the wrap you made. I tried several ways and this was the only one that worked for me.

Comment

hi guys

i have yamaha sx230 boat and have problem with overheat one of motor, all sensor working good and i clean all water pipe but nevermind motor overheating pls give me advice what i problem,? thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X