03 70yamaha overheat alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 70yamaha overheat alarm

I got the blinking light for overheat this week after runnng into floating grass but no buzzer. Does anyone know if 703-83383-02-00 is the right part #. There is no picture to go with the part number. Thanks

Mike

I think the buzzer quit working and I was trying to find one. Boats.net does not have a picture to go with the part number and I didn't want to order the wrong part.

Comment

Thats the buzzer for a 703 side mount control box, number 51 in http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...USH/parts.html
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Glad I didn't order that one. Wrong one. I have the 704 and yamaha gauges. The buzzer is under the console.

Comment

you can remove keyswitch, pull wires off buzzer and apply 12v to it to test it.

Comment

Part number is 688-83383-11-00.http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...GLE/parts.html
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Finally turned myself into a pretzel and got into the console to check the buzzer. Rats it works. Seems that the yellow power wire comes from the ignition switch and the gauge. Nothing disconnected. Any ideas???

Comment

Ground the pink wire at temp sensor on cylinder head and turn key on should sound buzzer and activate overheat light in gauge.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok, the buzzer works when I grounded the pink wire. I take it the termo switch is bad??

Comment

Did the overheat light work when you grounded pink wire?
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                    X