Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 sws200 problems with rpm's

hey folks,

new problem with my 1994 txrs200 , on the way out to retrive my crab pots all of a sudden my motor started shuttering as if in a shutdown mode. i could not get any rpm's . there were no alarms and oil was full in both tanks, i also noticed digital tach stopped working. while in slow down mode it ran and sounded fine. when i had the cowl off i noticed a thermal switch wire was disconnected but i fixed that it did not solve my problem. any help would be greatly appreciated. need help because boat is in slip and needs to be towed to a launch to bring to a shop......

thanks, stoney

Ground the pink wire at temp sensor on cylinder heads and turn key on to test buzzer, if buzzer doesn't sound it may have gone into safe mode which would limit it to 2000 rpm's.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks boat.net i'll try that and will repost.......

thanks, again stoney

Comment

Originally posted by stoney View Post
        hey folks,

new problem with my 1994 txrs200 , on the way out to retrive my crab pots all of a sudden my motor started shuttering as if in a shutdown mode. i could not get any rpm's . there were no alarms and oil was full in both tanks, i also noticed digital tach stopped working. while in slow down mode it ran and sounded fine. when i had the cowl off i noticed a thermal switch wire was disconnected but i fixed that it did not solve my problem. any help would be greatly appreciated. need help because boat is in slip and needs to be towed to a launch to bring to a shop......

thanks, stoney
        after trying the suggestions from boats.net here are the results,
        grounding pink wire of thermal switches NO alarm on either switches
        while i had the cowl off i removed the oil sensor on the motor and the alarm DID NOT go off. two months ago i serviced the cooling system, replaced water pump, replace both thermostats and replaced both thermal switches.
        last year i installed a new yamaha digital tach and now i noticed with the key on i have two blinking bars and with engine running the first bar is blinking and i have no tach reading.

any help would be appreciated....

thanks, stoney

Comment

Remove the buzzer from key switch panel and connect to battery to if it works, if not replace it. Recheck wiring going to tach. Was the engine oil tank oil level above the bottom line?
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X