Upgraded Fuel Filter on 2005 F200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Fuel Filter on 2005 F200

Last fall, a mechanic convinced my to upgrade my F200's fuel filter assembly to what he characterized as a unit used on newer models. The entire filter assembly was replaced, and the filter element appears different, being green in color. The part number on the invoice appears to be 24560, which is the filter assembly on the 2005 motor, and the same on 2006 and later.

Now it's time to replace the element, and I only see the 65L-24563-00-00 element in use from 2005 on. I do have a couple of those on hand. As I was fitting the work in between a nor'easter and Hurricane Kyle, I did not get a chance to take the filter assembly apart and see if the new filter is really different or if it's the same thing, only green. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

Tim

The 2006 and 07 use replacement fuel filter element number 6P3-WS24A-00-00
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Interesting. In the parts listings here, I see 6P2-WS245-00-00 ( 245, not 24A) for the F250, but the old 6P2-24563 for the 225.

Is the one you mentioned green in color? Thanks for your help.

Tim

Comment

I looked part number for 2006 F200, which has the new style fuel filter assy.
        http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...201/parts.html
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Interesting. The middle of the 3 serial numbers shows the part you mention, the older shows the filter element I have, and there's nothing shown for the later serial number at all. The filter assembly for all of them seems to be the same 24560, so I guess I'll see if the one I have will fit.

Thanks again for your help!

Tim

Comment

See if you find out the complete part number of filter assy. they installed, 24560 is just the mid 5 which means it's a fuel filter assy, the rest of number tells what it fits.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Good idea - looks like it's on the invoice as 6P3245600900. I think the 9 may be a typo, should be a 0, which would make it match the middle and latest serial numbers on the 2006+ F200. That would mean the filter element would be the 6P3-WS24A-00-00 you originally mentioned.

I think I need the secret decoder ring for this numbering scheme!

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X