Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25 hp 1995 bearing problem??h

Hello
    I own a 1995 25 hp 25mlht outboard that only has about 10 hours on it. this year it started making a funny sound like a gear mesh problem. it ran but always had this strange sound? one day it just quit and is very hard to pull the starter a cord now. someone has looked at and said it looks like it is a bad rod/crank bearing and the whole assembly (crank and rods) have to be replaced!! as they are only sold this way as a set?? they stated that the bearings are pressed on and cant be changed. Does this sound feasable and if so how could this happen?/ it had pleanty of oil in the resevoir.. it did sit idle for a few years but in a garage? does anyone know where the best place to get a rebuilt powerhead is for this motor. the local dealer whats my first child!! any help would be greatly appreciated!!

yes a mechanic friend told me it was definately not the lower end as he drained the oil and checked it throughly. he said that he is 99 percent sure it is a rod bearing because of some visible metal shavings on top of the cylinder and the number one piston feels rough traveling on the up stroke. thanks for your advise. guess i will have to rip it apart next and see if it is true. its hard to believe that a bearing could faulter by just sitting idle?

Comment

Working...
    X