2005 F115 YAMAHA MISSING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F115 YAMAHA MISSING

I HAVE A 2005 FS115 YAMAHA ON A 2072 WAR EAGLE. BOAT DESIGNED FOR CATFISHING. IT HAS APPROX. 4 HOURS INTO BREAK-IN PERIOD. THE BOAT/MOTOR HAS BEEN SITTING IN STORAGE FOR 1 1/2 MONTHS COLD WITH STA-BIL IN FULL TANK OF GAS. I TOOK IT OUT ON 17 JAN FOR FISHING TRIP. THE TEMP THAT DAY WAS 30 DEGREES. IT STARTED AND IDLED SMOOTHLY DURING WARM-UP. AT THE POINT OF PLANING, THE MOTOR MISSED A LITTLE THEN SMOOTHED RIGHT OUT. THIS HAPPENED ONE MORE TIME DURING THE TRIP WITH THE ENGINE SMOOTHING OUT. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS ABOUT THE ABOVE PROBLEM!!!

return to the lake today for continuing break-in. when leaving ramp engine did miss a little on planing then smoothed out. ran approx 20 mins at or neat wot. stopped to see if engine would miss on planing. no miss at this time. ran for 1 hour 45 mins at or near wot stopped for head call. on planing boat miss terribly and had to limp 4 miles back to landing. this is a new 2005 fs115 yam still in break-in done per text. i sure hope other potential yam buyers read this before purchasing. i have own 3 other 2-strokes with no problems.

Comment

Working...
    X