yamaha diagnostic 1.30 driver problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha diagnostic 1.30 driver problem

I am having a problem installing the driver for the USB interface. The install wizard cannot find the driver. I have the disc installed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you installing it on Vista or XP?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

windows XP.

Comment

I did have 1.23, and an older harness(Date port end compared to USB w/ adapter) I have since uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3. It is installed ok. normal start up display, unable to communicate to ecm. When I hook up to the outboard, My pc picks it up, it just cant find the driver. I tried forcing it to look at the driver file from the cd, and from the local disc "c:". No luck! The Driver file is present in both locations. Seems like i'm very close, just can't seem to load the driver?

Comment

I no longer have the 1.23 disc or the older harness. I was told this was the only version i needed?

Comment

I have a Yamaha dealer friend who is going through the same problem. Yamaha PC support stated he needs to "designate his usb port" I don't feel this is the case. It simply is not recognizing the driver, witch make it unable to connect to the engine?

Comment

JUST IN TIME, were you able to connect to an engine, and install the usb adatper driver?

Comment

You should be able to load program, leave CD disk in drive, open program and click on Update Database. Connect cable to engine( with CD in drive), turn ign. key on and open program, the driver should load at that time, if it has trouble finding driver you may have click on browse button in search window and search CD disk for the Driver folder.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have tried that mulitple times, and ways. Hardware wizard can never seem to find the driver. I am going to try a different computer tomorrow to rule out a computer issue. Thank you for your responses, it has been difficult to get any assistance with this issue.

Comment

I installed 1.30 on a buddies laptop this morning, and the hardware wizard picked up the driver no problem. Still unable to hook up to my PC, but at least I know it is MY computers fault. All of your comments, and suggestions have been GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Comment

No I have 4 usb ports tried all 4. The computer picked it up on all 4 ports, but was never able to install the driver from the disc(or anywhere else). I installed the driver on two different laptops and worked perfectly. I gave up trying to install on that pc. The paperwork does state "may not work on all computers" i guess they were right.

Comment

Working...
                      X