Special Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Tool

I'm trying to locate the tool need to remove the cap from the trim/tilt cylinder. Does anyone know were to buy one besides from a dealer?

If it is what I am thinking of, a GOOD QUALITY spanner wrench should do the trick.

Comment

What year and model motor do you have?
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha 150 1995. Thank you.

Comment

Been there, made one. The "good quality" spanners as one poster put it will have only 2 pins. The Yammy tool has three. There is a reason for this. If there is any corrosion or it has never been off, even a good quality two pin spanner is somewhat likely to round out the holes. I made one from a flat piece of aircraft aluminum(you can use steel) 1/8" thick by 3" wide and carefully cut out a slot for the shaft. I then drilled and tapped for #8 screws to thread in and match three holes in the trim cylinder. The tips of the screws were ground down to match the diameter of the holes in the trim cylinder cap. Your call, but if you distroy the holes with an inferior tool, you will be out a lot more than $130.00. I have since seen another way to make a "better" spanner out of an adjustable wrench(crecent wrench). Buy a cheap one that has strong jaws and drill and tap the jaws with screws that will have the right diameter for the holes. Again, you are using 2, when 3 would be better, but most two pin spanners will flex substantially unlike this wrench setup. Your call...

Comment

The Yamaha tool number is YB-06175-C.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I searched your site for the part number to see what the price was and the search engine came up blank when I used YB-06175-C. Is there some trick I don't know about to look it up?

Comment

Tools are special order items, call 877-512-6287 ext 124 or email to parts@boats.net
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X