Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f115 missing at 1200 rpm

hello yamaha gurus
    i own a yamaha f115 2006 and my problem is :after running for a few seconds at 1200 rpm, speed to get off the marina, the engine start shaking and loosing 2 cylinders, # 1 and 4 , using the same coil, the one on top.
    when i use a test light to check the power at the coils while the engine is running, i can see 1 wire is always hot and the other is the ground, going on and off very fast, obviously is what triggers the coil, the test light is flashing very quick.i am using a test light with a led, easier to find low intensity current.
    when the engine start bogging, again only at 1200 rpm, i can see, the top coil is loosing the ground on one of the 2 wires, the other one is still hot, the bottom coil is fed correctly.
    if i throttle up a little bit, over 1400 rpm, the engine works again very well , the same if i go back to idle, works well too and i can see on my test light the ground comming back and flashing again.
    i guess the coils are fed by the computer-ecm, right?
    i tried a new computer - ecm from an other engine, still the same problem.
    i ran the engine with the shif rod switch disconnected,still the same
    i don't know what else to try....
    the engine is running fine from idle till 1200 rpm and from 1400 1500 till full speed.
    the problem occure always at 1200 rpm, in the water or on the trailer , under load or not, no difference.
    i started to replace the plugs,fuel filters , check fuel lines, drain the little fuel reservoir in the engine compartment where the electric fuel pump is, check all the electric connections,swapped the coils and wires, even the fuel injectors,still the same.
    any idea what could shutt one coil off???
    thank's for your help
    cyrillefrenchy and excuse my "frenglish"

Check the throttle position sensor for dead spots.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

hello
      thank's boats.net for your answer, i did checked th throttle position sensor, the resistance goes from 0.79 kohm at idle to 4.85 kohm at wot with no dead spot at all.
      i found this today: if i connect together the 2 wires of the shift sensor to do like the engine is always on neutral, the engine works fine.....
      what is the shift sensor supposed to do? the sensor seems to work fine when i check it with the ohmmeter.
      on this 4 stroke, the shift sensor does not seems to shutt off cylindres to help shifting like some others outboards...i am wrong? any help will be greatly apreciate, i like to learn.
      frenchy

Comment

As far as I know it does not interrupt fire to cylinders, it just signals ECU whether it's in neutral or in gear.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

hello
          replaced the shift switch yesterday, works fine now.
          thank's again for your help.
          frenchy

Comment

Working...
          X