Wiring Speed/Fuel Mgt Gauge to GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Speed/Fuel Mgt Gauge to GPS

I just installed a digital combination Speed/Fuel Management Gauge (6Y5-W0088-70-00). I want to connect this to my GPS in order to pull the speed from there instead of the pitot tube. I have changed the DIP #5 in the up position for GPS and have completed all the other connections including the NMEA for the GPS. Can you tell me if the speed reading on this gauge should match my gps? When I had the DIP #5 in the speed position it was picking up the speed from the pitot. Now with it in the GPS position it should be reading exactly what my GPS reads. Correct?

Thanks

Update - The answer to the above question is "yes". I was able to test the setup and it in fact does pull the speed from the gps and displays it on the Yamaha gauge. Both the GPS and the speed/fuel management gauge read the same speed. There is a slight (1/2 of a second) lag time between the gauges but they do read the same. The system works great. I'm very pleased with it.

Comment

I am also interested in having GPS speed reading in the Command link Fuel/ speed gauge.

Question is if the command link gauges works with NMEA 0183 from the Raymarine A65 plotter I am looking to buy? Or does it only read NMEA 2000/ sea talk??
      Anybody know for sure?
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by sap_2000 View Post
        I am also interested in having GPS speed reading in the Command link Fuel/ speed gauge.

Question is if the command link gauges works with NMEA 0183 from the Raymarine A65 plotter I am looking to buy? Or does it only read NMEA 2000/ sea talk??
        Anybody know for sure?
        Thanks in advance
        Connect blue wire to positive NMEA0183 output lead of GPS and white wire to negitive NMEA0183 output lead of GPS, then reset speedo gauge setting to GPS.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks a lot!

I did not get the installation manual for the Gauges (round). Would you happen to have it, and be so kind and send it to me via e-mail?

Thanks a lot!
          SAP

Comment

Originally posted by sap_2000 View Post
            Thanks a lot!

I did not get the installation manual for the Gauges (round). Would you happen to have it, and be so kind and send it to me via e-mail?

Thanks a lot!
            SAP
            Send me a private messgae with your email address.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Square gauges

I need the install manual for these gauges having trouble with the speed sensor that is on the back of the boat not working Square gauges

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X