Which Yamaha: F150 or F200:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Yamaha: F150 or F200:

Looking for help in deciding which Yamaha outboard to power a new Azure 21' deck boat. Yamaha has a performance chart on that same 21' deck boat with a 150hp and a slightly larger 23' deck boat from the same company with a 200hp. With the high price of gas today I'm trying to get determine if the higher fuel burn of the 200hp compared to the 150 is significant or not. Thanks for your help.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/p...ob-f150txr.pdf

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/p...ob-f200txr.pdf

You can keep looking at performance bulletins to find a similar deck boat with the 2 motors you are comparing like the Polar Craft V224.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Well I have some input as we use these motors on pontoons. The 150 is a torque monster for a 4 cylinder (2600cc's) and we have 24 foot tri-toons that go 48-50 mph effortlessly. The 200 is quite a bit more money and if you don't have tons of people in your boat you will love the 150. If you can afford the 200 its a beautiful motor and even though its bigger is actually quieter than the 150. If you go with the 150 buy new as Yamaha has had some issues with the fiber gear that drives the balencer on this engine - it is not fixable and must be replaced as a unit at an unheard of price of $1700 part (in Canada) which is like most Yamaha parts simply outrageous !- Bob

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      You can keep looking at performance bulletins to find a similar deck boat with the 2 motors you are comparing like the Polar Craft V224.

Comment

As a rule of thumb 80% of max rated power is the minimum. The Azure is rated at 225. I would never consider a 150 on that boat. Be a dog witha load. Go with the 200 hp.
        Stanley Islander 19, 2006 Yamaha F150TLRC. Ottawa, Canada
        16' York River, 1986 Yamaha PRO 50.

Comment

2002 Twin LF1115's Loss of Power

I have twin 2002 LF115's well maintained never had any problems at all 1275 hours and I am having the same problem as F150 post. This is what I have done since April 2015

Discard old gas cleaned tank replaced all separators and filters multiple times
          Inspected cleaned both VST tanks
          replaced all injectors on both engines
          replaced all fuel lines
          Tune ups replaced both thermostats
          Yamaha computer diagnostics 3 times shows nothing
          Good compression
          All work done by Yamaha Master Mechanic does not know what else to do!

Leave the dock runs perfectly 5000 rpms for 15-30 minutes then without touching the throttle will bog down to 3000-3400 rpms run at low speeds and rpms for 15-30 minutes then pick back up and run perfectly as if nothing was ever wrong. If you rev the engines up in neutral they will reach 5500 rpms no problem.

Let me know if you resolve your problem!

Comment

gegg
            start a new thread.
            this thread was an advice on a new purchase.
            no running issues.
            however yours will be easy to solve.

Comment

Working...
            X