Water In Cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water In Cylinder?

My 91 250 got some water in the #6 and got stuck from sitting. I pulled the head off and got her spinning again but need to find the source.

The heads were changed in the past and it and the gasket both looked good. I took the exhaust cover off and things look good there also. There is almost no salt in the motor and I checked closely with a flashlight and see no corrosion.

Before I put it back together does anyone have any ideas?

A friend said something about a lower crank seal. Is there a way to check that?

The plug was rusty but the top of the piston had no carbon on it.

If it sits low in water or get a lot of backwash when drop throttle(water inside cowling) then it may sucked water in through intake.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hmmm. Ii did get rained on pretty good without the cowling right befor I put it away.

Comment

yes it sat....but wouldnt make it to the cyls until you cranked it which you couldnt.
        you inspected the head gasket well ???

Comment

Water in Cylinder

I also ended up with water in 1986 115 on port side. I plulled heads, exhaust covers. Nothing indicated where the water come from. Head gaskets showed no sign of leaking. I figure age must have taken its toll and it is froze up now so it must have gotten into the crank and bearings as I had it turning over but after set up for a week is now froze. Time for a powerhead replacement.

Comment

Water might have gotten in when the boat was put on the liftand tilted.

I checked everything and it all looks good. She is spinning nice and I'm going to put her back together and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X