2001 VX200 rpm fluctuates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 VX200 rpm fluctuates

Took the engine to the dealer several times for the same problem, at 4,000 + rpm the motor would bog down and then it would pick back up as though it was starving for fuel. Each time the fuel system checked out OK and the fuel pressure was good, but the problem continued. Finally at 205 hours the power head blew with 2 scorched cylinders. Yamaha replaced the power head but the problem persists now in the 3,500 to 4,500 rpm range. Again the dealer says no problem. Could it be a problem with the fuel tank, any other ideas? The next power head I pay for!

Do you have a vst tank on that engine? If you do check and clean or change the vst filter.I have 200 HPDI's that I had a similar problem with the rpm's and I had a stall problem until I cleaned the filters. After you finally get to the filters the best way to see if they are dirty is to hold a new one and an old one up to light.Compare the two to see how much light comes through. The filters are a bit pricey at about $60 each but you can clean it w/soap and water.

Comment

Working...
    X