Correct Prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Prop?

I have a 1999 Yamaha C60 on a G3 Pro175 aluminum and the stock prop is a 13 1/2 X 15. A prop shop offered me a steel Yamaha refurbished 13 1/4 X 14 cupped prop with the comment that it would add up to 5mph to my previous 32.6mph GPS speed with 20 gal of fuel and gear and me. It did absolutely nothing, except my RPM went from 5500 to 5400 WOT and my speed is still 32.6 GPS.

Did I get fleeced, or is this as good as it gets with a C60 on the boat??

If you go with a 16 pitch prop you might get another 1 or 2 mph but I don't know if you could get 5 more mph from it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Prop

I thank you. I won't have to worry about a bent prop anyway as much as I did the aluminum.

Comment

On my second G3. Right now I have the 175 costal series with a 75 4 stroke. Sweet ride, the 75 from everything I've learned is actually a 90, both are the same except for lenght. My question is, What can I do to get the bow to lay down under idle? Kinda aggravating can't see in front of the boat unless one leans to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by G3Boats View Post
          I thank you. I won't have to worry about a bent prop anyway as much as I did the aluminum.
          The steel prop is much harder to bend - the downside is that you bend the driveshaft instead, and possibly trash the gearcase too. Stay with aluminum, or make sure the insurance is paid up!

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X