Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 yam F60 tiller - beep at idle

Hi,
    I have a late model 2007 tiller steer F60.
    Just today I noticed the unit beeped 6 times when at idle in nuetral, then went away. next start up it beeped another 6 times. this happened a third time. At no stage did either the oil or water alarm lights come on. The beeps never occurred when in gear. We come back to the ramp (30nm) no problems at WOT... When at the ramp clunked it into nuetral and it would beep withour stopping until i dropped it into forward or reverse, once again no warning lights. The period between beeps was about 1 a second.

My initial guess is it is a service warning beep? I do my own servicing at 50 hour intervals, if this is the case how do i cancel the beep.

otherwise what is this alarm only at idle in nuetral telling me?

many thanks

S

Well I found the answer to my question!

After reading one of boats replies i went to the yam website and found the owners manual (still waiting on my hard copy).

Seems ive got some water in the fuel seperator.
    i have the comand link tach gauge but hant wired it in yet, if i had it would have said "water in fuel".

I guess now the question is how much damage would have been caused to the efi by running water through it?
    Is there anything i should do? Besides going and having a grumble to the servo who sold me the water/fuel this morning.

S

Comment

Check the fuel filter on engine, if it is full of water then probably have water in VST and it needs to be drained, if small amount of water in filter then VST is probably ok. Need to install a Fuel/Water separator filter in boat((Yamaha number MAR-MINIF-IL-TR) to help trap water before it gets to engine.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Th*nks bo*ts.
        H*ve emptied the f**ter on the engine. It h*s m*ybe 20-30mL of w*ter in it (which I w**l t*ke to the service st*tion). W**l h*ve * re*d thr**gh the workshop m*nu*l *t dr*ining the VST.

It re*lly w*s my imp*tience on getting **t y***erd*y. I h*ve * w*ter seper*ting f**ter to put in the fuel line but didnt h*ve the time to inst*ll it before the trip. It is going in tod*y!

M*ny th*nks,
        S

Comment

Fin*l upd*te.
          No signific*nt w*ter in VST. R*n motor, st*rted fine, inst*l**d extern*l w*ter tr*p *nd f**ter.

Th*nks bo*ts!

S

Comment

Working...
          X