Over temp alarm!!! Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over temp alarm!!! Help!!!

Guys, I have a 1999 Yamaha Vmax 175 that has just recently been rebuilt... Thanks to the nice people on this website.. it is FINALLY running as it should... I wish the good people on here were my mechanics and not the man I gave ALOT of money to rebuild it... THese guys are better... Thanks for all your help.. Just a couple more questions if anyone can help.. 1) My engine now starts and runs pretty well... one of the issues I am still having is that it wants to "Bog" when you shoot the juice to it.. you can hit the choke..and I mean just for a split second...and it catches up and runs well.. I think I need to screw my air intake screws in a touch.. correct?? To take a little air away.. But keep in mind you can run it for about 4 or 5 min at full speed and it gives an alarm that it is overheating.. Got a good water stream.. and I dont think it is actually that hot.. Let it sit for about 20 min and restart and you can run it all day long and it will not throw another temprature alarm... Only the first time... kinda crazy huh? Also is there a guage that measures the actual temprature??? I would like to actually know the degrees... I have found one but it is for a mercury... Do I need a different sending unit?? Or will the one i have work... Can I wire in a temp guage for an automobile?? And still use my thermostat.. If so...Does anyone know where I can get a diagram? I would still like to use my light and buzzer as well... It is suppose to have an new water pump and like I said it has a great stream... Please help one more time...and I will leave yu nice people alone....

Sounds like the carbs still have blocked passages or jets, the pilot screws set at 1 1/8 turns port side and 1 5/8 turns starboard side. Need to replace water pump and thermostats. You can install a temp gauge, the aftemarket gauges come with a bolt on sender, the yamaha temp gauge is part number6Y5-83590-00-00 and sender is 688-83591-00-00.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X