87 200 etxh 2 stroke stalling, caughing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 200 etxh 2 stroke stalling, caughing

ok, here's the deal. I'm a little lost right now and hoping someone can shed some light on my problem, I have an 87 200hp 2 stroke that runs great off idle, no problems above idle to wot. The engine will idle but stalls with a big caugh or thumps like it's going to stall. It will restart with no problems and does not appear to be overfueling. Here's what's been done recently, new fuel filters, spark plugs, carbs have been removed and cleaned. Once re-installed I checked and made sure they were in sync and checked timing. When carbs were disassembled I did not see anything that would cause a problem, they were clean. Mixture screws are all about 1.5 turns out. Added startron and seafoam to fuel tank, even ran off a 1 gallon can. Engine has new fuel pumps and powerhead only has 150hrs on rebuild, compression is excellent. Charging system is working properly, all connections clean and tight. Ignition wires are in good condition and I have good hot spark. What next, I feel like drilling a hole in the hull... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by iceyywings; 07-27-2008, 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot to add comment

Thats usually clogged low speed jets in carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X