Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 HPDI 150 problem

Hey Guys,

New poster here. I tried a search but didn’t find my problem.
    I have a 2000 150hp HPDI, model number Z150TXRY. A couple of times earlier this year I would be cruising along turning 3500 to 4000 rpm. The motor would seem to bog down and stop making power. This would go on for 20 to 30 seconds and then start running OK. Then my wife came back one day and told me the motor didn’t want to run when she put it in gear. After a few tries she got it to run and came back home. I went to use it again and it dies when put in gear. It also idles low, around 300 to 400 rpm. I played around and found that if I unplugged the Throttle Position Sensor I could get it to idle if I give it just a little throttle. So I was able to get it to a ramp and bring it home. When it ran without the TPS hooked up it would idle at 800 rpm when in gear.

Gas is good, plenty of oil. This seems like a computer problem to me. I have plenty of experience with cars but not so much on a high tech motor like this. If I can get a manual I think I will get the cable to read the computer.

I have three questions. 1) Where can I get a manual for this motor? 2) Does this seem like a TPS problem? 3) How do I measure the TPS to see if it’s bad.

Thanks Guys,
    Robert

It needs to ran on diagnostic computer and have the fuel system tested. The ECU will make adjustments when you start unplugging sensors so it's hard to test components by unplugging them.
    The Service manual part number is LIT-18616-02-10, you can order it here on boats.net
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks.

You know I looked around but could not find the listing for a manual. The part number will help a lot. I didn't just randomly unplug the TPS. I found that by pushing the TPS arm on the throttle assembly back up when I applied the throttle by hand the motor seemed to idle better. So I unplugged the TPS to see what would happen. I had already spent some time making sure there was fuel at the pump and the basics as I understood them were covered. So it seems that I need the USB cable and the CD to read the ECU. Is that correct? I saw in another post the part numbers but if you could post them again here I would be sure to get everything I need at once.

Thanks again,

Robert

Comment

LIT-YDIS1-30-00 YDIS Version 1.30 CD-ROM
        60V-WS850-00-00 USB Connection Cable w/Data Converter Module
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          The Service manual part number is LIT-18616-02-10, you can order it here on boats.net
          I did a search on this part number and could not find it. What am I doing wrong? I could find the other parts though.

Thanks,
          Robert

Comment

Not sure I couldn't get it come up either but that is the part number the manual I have. You can go to www.yamaha-motor.com and order the service manual there.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks,

And of course they are out. I submitted a request and they should sent me a email when they get more.

Robert

Comment

Working...
              X