2002 200 HP SWS Oil Level Indicator Blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 200 HP SWS Oil Level Indicator Blinking

I recently had my 2002 200 OX66 rebuilt. Ever since I got it back the bar on the Yamaha gauge that indicates low level in the remote oil tank has been blinking, even with a full tank. It transfers oil to the main tank on the engine fine, and I did a continuity check across the level switch. There is continuity, which I believe means the level switch is working properly. Any ideas on where to look and what to check to try to get the indicator working properly?

Check for disconnected wires, The square 4 prong connector on engine may be unplugged, the one with green and green/red wires in it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

OK, I finally got a chance to look at the connectors. There are a couple of disconnected connectors laying in the front/starboard area of the engine where the harness enters the cowling. One connector has green, green/red, white/red, and blue/white wires, and the other has grey, black, orange, and pink wires. Both sets of wires come from the wiring harness. I connected them together, but I did not notice any difference (oil level bar still flashing). Do these wires belong together, or should they be connected to something else?

The pump in the remote tank does kick on when the level in the main tank gets low, so I know there is some connection between the engine and the remote tank.

Comment

Don't plug them togather if wire color doesn't match, there should be 2 square connectors on engine and matching connectors on wiring harness going to gauges and the wire colors will be same on male and female connectors.
        Last edited by boats.net; 08-05-2008, 08:45 AM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Is there a wiring diagram or table that identifies where these wires go? Is it possible that they should not be connected to anything, since I don't see any matching wires in the vicinity? Thanks!

Comment

are those connectors round on your motor ??

Comment

No, these connectors are square.

Comment

Working...
              X