200hp power lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200hp power lost

i have a 200hp with carbs, ive been having alot of problems with this ,when i am taking off it seems to have the power for o few seconds then looses power but does not cut off,when i put it back to idle for afew seconds the power comes back then the same thing happens repeatedly, i changed the plugs changed the fuel lines change the fuel pumps and looked and clean the carbs please help.

Sounds like it starving for fuel, pump the primer bulb when stalls to see if it trys to regain power.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

power lost

i cleaned up a old set of carbs that came with the boat at work today,i put those on and she ran perfect . i noticed before i did this a couple of days ago the fuel lines from the fuel pumps to the carbs they all were callapse inside , i think pieces of the plastic went into those old carbs no matter how i clean them the problem was still there WHAT AN EXPERIENCE thanks

Comment

have same issue

I have the same issue, I put on an aux tank it it did the same thing, I also pump the ball as I'm going and it still fades, any other ideas.???

Comment

Loss of Power

I had a similar problem on the same engines and found that the connector rod between the oil pump and carbs had a plastic part that was broken on the end of the rod. This kept the opil from pumping to the engine and limited the RPMs until replaced.

Comment

Working...
          X