Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Gauge Yamaha 80hp -93

Hello!

I've got a Yamaha LCD Multifunction Meter but I don't know how to connect it..
    Here is some pictures that might help..

I have connected the meter once and I have connected the electricity so I can see the meters but I don't know how to connect the others so they don't move when I apply gas ore tilt the engine..

I hope someone can help me..
    // Daniel

You would need the trim/oil harness that goes between gauge and engine, but the 1984-93 harness are no longer available. If the gauge you have has the square multi connectors then you could use harness 68F-82553-70-00, but would have change connectors at engine. The Tach does not have a fuel level gauge in it only a trim gauge, rpm's and oil level lights.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hmm okey!

But I have got the harness and all.. The only thing I wonder is how to connect the cables..

Which cable goes to which I mean...
      Hope you understand, I'm from Sweden so my english isn't the best

Comment

The harness from engine just plugs into connector on gauge. The yellow, green, and black wires on gauge plugs into yellow, green, black wires on key switch. The blue wire on gauge is the backlight and connects to either yellow wire or light switch.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hello again!

Well I do have the harness but one of the connectors have been cut of so I have only got the connector with the black, orange, grey and pink cables.. Do you think you could just write which cable goes to which?

I have connected everything except for a few cables and it all works except for the RPM meter.. And that is the most important one for me..

So do you know the colours on the cables for the RPM?
          thx for all the help so far!

The problem is solved! Got it to work now
          Thx for the help!
          Last edited by danielekstrom_; 07-23-2008, 10:54 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Comment

The black, orange, grey and pink cables are the trim gauge wiring, match to same colors on engine and tach.
            The rpm signal wire is the green wire at key switch.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Well yes thats correct :-)

Thx alot!
              The RPM meter works fine and I will now do a testrun with the boat to determine what propeller I should get for it!

Thx again!

Comment

Working...
              X