Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week tell tale - alarm (some of the time) 130hp

Hi guys,

My motor is a 1994 130 hp. The temp alarm sounded once the other day and then again in yard on muffs. Both times I noticed the tell tale wasnt its usual self. A weak stream if you will... SO: New themrostats...new waterpump....inspected presure relief...all took place.....and problem still exists!

You can tell when the alarm will sound...it will be at idle and the tell tale is only a slow rickle.

May the presure releif valve be staying open??? Whare too now??
    Thanks
    Hermit
    Last edited by thehermit; 07-02-2008, 10:02 PM.

Running on hose will sometimes let engine overheat, if havn't run in water then try that first.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yes. The temp alarm first sounded on the water. I am going to replace the PRV anyhow. Also the water pump housing looked a little melted so I am going to replace that as well.

How does a water pump housing melt?? Anyway I will test run it on muffs/in barrell/and on water.

Comment

If pump runs dry it will melt housing, Replace the housing.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Well....last season I replaced the water pump, t-stats-prv. Problem solved. In fact the engine still sounded the buzzer on the muffs after all of this so I took to flushing in a barrel when in the yard.

THIS YEAR
          After waking up the engine from a long winters sleep. Telltale would pee then stop then alarm...all in a barrel. SO...I removed the port side water jacket (head cover) to have a look. Minor stuff in there...looks fine.

At present I have ordered another PRV gasket so i can have a look at that again and a head cover gasket (port) so I can re-assemble.

My question is what may be casuing intermitant loss of water presure?
          Should I test run with head cover off?
          I may also pull the LU and try to flush up the water tube.

I'm left guessing and coud use some guidance.

Comment

When running in barrel make sure it is deep enough in water, the water pump has to be completely submerged in water.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

It was. Do you know where specifically water enters? Also is there a link to the flow of water in the "system"?

Comment

Working...
              X