Will this Tach work for my F100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this Tach work for my F100?

I've got an 01 F100TLRZ. Will the multi-function tach with part# 6Y5-2818R-31 work for my engine? And is there any reason it doesn't have the "set" and "mode" buttons like the rest of the multi-function tach's do?

Also, I know this is a dumb question, but while trying to figure out if this gauge would work for me I noticed all the harnesses for trim/oil. When installing this gauge, do I have to run each wire from the gauge to engine by splicing in each wire, or is there a harness that can be bought that runs from tach to engine? Thanks.

I don't a listing for that part number. It should use 6Y5-8250T-82-00 Tach and 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I can't find a tach with that part #. What are the differneces in all the different multi-function tach's with these different part #'s? Would part # 6Y5-8350T-81-00 work? It's saying it will work for all 2 and 4 stroke engines.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

I'm sorry I gave you the wrong tach part number, it should have been 6Y5-8350T-82-00. Yes 6Y5-8350T-81-00 will work, it supersedes to -82-00.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Okay, thank you very much. Is there some sort of website or link that tells me what part #'s work for certain motors(such as my 100hp 4 stroke)? I'm seeing so many different part #'s on these different tach's.

Comment

1984-1993 the multifunction gauge is no longer available
            1994-2004 uses 6Y5-8350T-82-00 and 68F-82553 Trim/Oil harness
            2005 and up uses 6Y5-8350T-90-00and 6Y5-83653-10-00 Trim/Oil harness
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Alright, that's good to know. Once again, thank you for all of your help. It's greatly appreciated.

Comment

I noticed you said I needed a 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil Harness but could I get by with the 68F-82553-50-00 trim/oil harness for my 19' Jones Brothers Skiff? I couldn't find the trim/oil harness on the site but I searched around the internet and the site I found them on, the 22ft harness is $140 and the 16ft is $54. Where are they on boats.net? I couldn't find them anywhere.

Comment

The -50 are no longer available from yamaha, there may be some on ebay. Go to http://www.boats.net/parts/search-by-part-number.html
                  and type in part number to order.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
                    I noticed you said I needed a 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil Harness but could I get by with the 68F-82553-50-00 trim/oil harness for my 19' Jones Brothers Skiff? I couldn't find the trim/oil harness on the site but I searched around the internet and the site I found them on, the 22ft harness is $140 and the 16ft is $54. Where are they on boats.net? I couldn't find them anywhere.
                    Did the 16ft work for your 19ft skiff? I have a 19ft Triumph Bay boat and am considering the 16ft cable as well. What seems ridiculous is the 22ft is the most expensive.

16ft $55
                    22ft $147
                    26ft $51
                    31ft $59

The 26ft is cheaper and would have plenty of cable, although I guess I should consider signal loss and storing extra cable.

Comment

I was noticing the exact same thing with prices. I wasn't sure why the 22 ft. harness would be so much more expensive than even the 26 ft. I actually have not even gotten my tach yet. I've ordered it, but due to some complications with shipment, I have not recieved it. I will probably go with the 16 ft. because technically it only has to reach about 9' from motor to center console.... I'd rather not have all that slack laying around. I'll let you know something when I do get it. If you could let me know what you end up getting and whether or not it works if I haven't let you know yet that'd be great! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X