Bow rise is extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow rise is extreme

I recently purchased a 2004 G3 1860 boat with a 90 HP Yamaha. The boat runs OK while up on plane(some times porpoises and bounces) but when I slow down and it comes off plane the bow rises to the extreme. I tilt the motor all the way down and the bow still rides too high. Can this be corrected?? Would a hydorfoil stabilizer help?? what brand and model would be best??

Yes the hydrofoil should help, doesn't matter which brand.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I am not familiar with that boat, but before you go spending any money, are there any things stored in the stern that can move up to forward compartments? On my boat, performance really suffers when I've got a couple of people in the rear seats. You might find that moving a few things up front would make a lot of difference. And it's free...

Tim

Comment

There is nothing stored in the rear of the boat. The only items in the rear is the fuel tank, motor battery and *****ing motor battery, this is the design location for each. I thought of adding another *****ing motor battery and mounting both forward but don't know if that would help.

Comment

Working...
        X