98 150 Yamaha 2-stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 150 Yamaha 2-stroke

I just recently bought a pair of 1998 yamaha 150 2-strokes. I'm having a lot of trouble with one them. It not turning up over 3100 when under a load. If you try to go any faster it dies right down. If you close the choke manually it will get up to 4100 but that's it. I've tried everything I think. I changed the plugs, cleaned the carbs very through I put on new gas lines and then by-passed the filters and went straight from the tank to the motor. I put on brand new battery cables cause somebody told me that could cause it to not be getting enough fire. When idling it will got up to 5000 with no problem but under a load it wont. Can anybody please help. Thanks

while on hose at 1200 rpms, pull each plug at a time and listen for a non fiing cylinder, and or pull breather , use thumb and choke each throat listening for an INcrease /help in sound/rpms.

Comment

I tried both of them. It's firing on all cylinders and when I play with the choke manually I can get the motor up to 4100 but no higher. I have no idea what else to do.

Comment

IF compression is up to par then it is most likely your carbs. have you checked fuel pumps ?

Comment

I replaced both fuel pumps with new ones. I also did a compression check today. It was between 110-120 on each cylinder.

Comment

Working...
          X