oil alarm on 225 txrr sounding- help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil alarm on 225 txrr sounding- help pls

i have a 225 hp txrr 1993 carberated oil injected yamaha that all three oil lights on tach are flashing and buzzer is sounding ,boat will not power up . checked the system including the senser float in large remote tank and everything seemed to work properly . both tanks are full of oil and the main tank continues to be supplied with oil from the remote tank. have deducted it might be the cdi. want to go to pre mix.& by pass the cdi. is this possable? if so how do i do this.
    or can someone advise if it is not the cdi causing problems .. why are all three lights on the tach flashing with buzzer sounding and motor not power up over 2500rpms

hope i did this properly as this is my first time. thanks in advance

The lights are flashing indicating engine oil tank is low or filter inside tank is plugged up. Remove oil sensor and clean filter, sensor may be bad and need replacing if oil level is above bottom line on oil tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

oil alert on 225 txrr sounding

checked both the sensors in both tanks and they are good , and the pump is pumping oil to the main tank on engine. can not understand all three lights on tachometer flashing which should indicate full tank, low tank, and empty tank, all at the same time. i think the empty ( red) flashing has put the computer (cdi) in the rpm reduction phase. can anyone please advise how to correct this. driving me crazy::::::::::

Comment

Check both the inline fuses on engine to see if fuse fits loose inside fuse holder.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X