Isolator Lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolator Lead

Does the yamaha 2002 f225 have the plug for the isolator lead part # 69J-81949-01? If not can I upgrade to the newer voltage regulator so that the Isolation charging system can be used?

Yes it already has the battery isolator just need the isolator lead.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2002 model is different

The 2002 f225 service manual shows the isolator circuit wired to the starter solenoid. There is a round plug that should connect to the isolation lead but the plug does not match yamaha islolator lead I recently purchased. I plan to remove the red wire from the starter solenoid, cut off its connector and attach the isolation lead to the red/yellow wire comming from the regulator. Also, I assume the 2002 motor will charge the lower battery like the current models.

Please let me know if I am incorrect. Also, I would be interested in purchasing the mathing connector/plug to the isolation lead. Do you have a part number?

thanks,

Comment

No the isolator lead(red/yellow) should be coming off of the regulator, it may be folded and tied back.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2002 F225

A local mechanic says the 2002 F225 did not have the isolator charge system and that a separate isolator device is needed. I'm convinced the wiring is different (i.e., there is no isolator lead with a dummy plug on the 2002), but then what purpose does the second wire coming off the voltage regulator. I refer to page 8-25 of the 2002 F225 Service Manual. My local mechanic said that using this wire will act like two batteries in parallel, not isolated. Yamaha factory help is requested.

thanks.

Comment

Sorry I was wrong the 2003 and up had the isolator, the 2002 does not. You can buy a isolator and install it.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Isolater Lead

Is the yanmaha isolator lead (pn: 69J-81949-01-00) more than just a jumper harness (i.e. does it contain a diode)? The reason I ask is because I had 2004 300 HPDIs connected to 2 cranking batteries and 1 house battery. The Aux lead (I didn't use the yamaha isolator lead mention above, just a regular 10 gauge wire) from both engines where connected to the house battery and the house battery negative terminal was connected to the other batteries. I did this thinking the engines have built-in isolators however, this did not work well because depending on which engine I would start first, it would end-up not charging correctly below 3000 rpms. If this harness does the isolation then that would explain what I'm seeing. Otherwise, I suspect something is not working correctly with my motors. Any first hand insight would be appreciated.
              Thanks

Comment

no the regulator has a isolator built into it, the isolator lead does not have a diode in it.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Isolator lead

If indeed this isolator lead does not contain a diode and is therefore just a jumper, then how can Yamaha list price this jumper at roughly $70? I guess I'll keep the jumper I made and Yamaha can keep their $70 optional jumper. That is just not right, you spend over $40k in engines and they want to get you for more $$.

Comment

Working...
                  X