T9.9 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T9.9 wiring

I recently purchased a used '97 4 stroke 9.9 with electric start and remote con*****s...

the seller could not provide much info about the motor, and none of the bundle of smaller wires going to the con*****s are labeled... (The seller kept the con*****s). I have an older throttle / shifter con***** that will work, however, I don't want to start playing with the other wires until I know what is what. The 2 larger wires go to the battery, but I can't find any info (manual online, etc) on which wires are for the starter switch, which are battery charging leads, etc. (Would pulling the cover to the fuse box give me any more info?)

Can anyone tell me which color of wire goes where?

Speaking of battery charging, I also can't find any info on how many amps the charging system produces....

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
    Greg

model is T9.9ELRW

thanks!

Comment

YAMAHA-MOTOR.COM > outboards >

has all manuals in pdf file.

Comment

I already checked the manual from their site online, unfortunatley it doesn't cover either of the things I asked here: charging sys output + remote wiring (wire colors)

thanks!

Comment

Greg; I think:
          3 loads with neg. and positive:starter solenoid, choke solenoid, and engine. All have + and - . All - connected together at motor= 1 wire to control. Start solenoid + = 2nd wire..choke solenoid + = 3rd wire... 4th wire goes to engine + but through kill switch. 5th wire is hot + coming to control from battery. Somewhere on your control box should be a choke mechanism. Bob

Comment

Working...
          X