Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oilpump problem Yamaha 225 Beto 91 mod. European.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oilpump problem Yamaha 225 Beto 91 mod. European.

Hi!

I have a yamaha 225 Beto 6k7 UL 750849 1991 mod. Cant find similar engine-number at boats.net, but it seems to be the same as 225TLRP. It is an european engine, som maby that's the reason I can't find it.

My problem is that I can't get the automatic oilpump to work, I can manually activate the pump, but it won't start automaticly when the oil-level goes down. I have also connected 1999 mod. digital gauges to the engine, and these seems to no longer have info from the. oil level gauge. It shows low level, and the filler-icon is flashing. The alarm (and 1000 rpm limit) for low oil level works fine.

And yes.. I'm not american :P My english should have revealed that by now. You should hear me try speaking english I'm norwegian

If the middle bar or light is flashing on tach then that is signaling low oil in boat tank and oil will not transfer to engine. Check oil level sensor and wiring at boat oil tank.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The Oil level is low right now, I'll fill it up tomorrow. But it has been like this the past year. Are there any posibilities that the brain might be damaged?

I had to make own cables, because the original ones didn't follow the engine when I bougt it. It worked for half a year, but then there became more and more troubly. There is also some oil-leaking inside the engine, making the cables rather slicky. Haven't found the leaking yet, but it might be some gaskets in the carbs that have to be changed. Haven't ordered these yet, not sure if the carbs on this model match 225TLRP.

Is 225TLRP color "marine blue"?

Comment

OK. I've now refilled oiltank to max, but still no response in multigauge. I disconnected oil level gauge asy. and connected the two cables. Multimeter suddenly lit up with all three marks lighting constantly. Could this be the problem?
        If so,

Have I understood this right? If this level asy. reports low oil in tank, the refillerpump will not even start when level asy in the little tank inside motorhead is low on oil?

I can't see how the oil level asy. even works.. Only a foam tap floating up and down 1 inch? no cables or connection-tabs inside.

Comment

There is an magnetic switch inside float assy. When float is at top the transfer pump will pump oil, when float is at bottom it will not transfer oil. Use an ohm meter to test continuity of float switch.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X