Switching to premix on a 1993 Yamaha 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to premix on a 1993 Yamaha 200

Can someone tell me the proper way to disable the oil injection on this engine? Carbed/2-stroke. Do I need to remove the oil pump shaft?

Thanks in advance.

-Brad.

You need to remove oil pump, pump drive shaft, cap off each oil line at block and remove oil tanks. You will need a block off plate to cover hole where oil pump was mounted.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Why? It's a great system.

Comment

switching to pre mix on 1993 txrr 225 hp

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        You need to remove oil pump, pump drive shaft, cap off each oil line at block and remove oil tanks. You will need a block off plate to cover hole where oil pump was mounted.
        i have a 225 hp txrr 1993 carberated oil injected yamaha that all three oil lights on tach are flashing and buzzer is sounding ,boat will not power up . checked the system including the senser float in large remote tank and everything seemed to work properly . both tanks are full of oil and the main tank continues to be supplied with oil from the remote tank. have deducted it might be the cdi. want to go to pre mix.& by pass the cdi. is this possable? if so how do i do this.
        or can someone advise if it is not the cdi causing problems .. why are all three lights on the tach flashing with buzzer sounding and motor not power up over 2500rpms...

Comment

Can't one just remove the oil pump shaft and then remount the oil pump rather than using a block off plate?
          If not, does YAMAHA sell a block off plate? Don't the ENDURO motors use them?

Comment

Working...
          X