Yamaha 40hp 4stroke winterization question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 40hp 4stroke winterization question

Folks, a quick question.. I'm winterizing my 40hp 2004 yamaha 4 stroke for the first time... The manual states I should remove the "silencer" in order to inject fogging oil into the carbs. The "silencer" is a plastic shroud that goes over the air intake on the carbs and removal will be a tough job (a number of bolts in VERY bad, hard to get to locations). My option is to spray the fogging oil into the air intake on the shroud itself.. Does anyone see any reason not to take the easy route on this? I gave it a try, the response from the engine (slowing down, finally stalling out) was the same as I've experienced with other outboards without this barrier...

Thanks in advance for any input..

Bob

2004 yamaha 4 stroke

Originally posted by <HuronBob> View Post
    Folks, a quick question.. I'm winterizing my 40hp 2004 yamaha 4 stroke for the first time... The manual states I should remove the "silencer" in order to inject fogging oil into the carbs. The "silencer" is a plastic shroud that goes over the air intake on the carbs and removal will be a tough job (a number of bolts in VERY bad, hard to get to locations). My option is to spray the fogging oil into the air intake on the shroud itself.. Does anyone see any reason not to take the easy route on this? I gave it a try, the response from the engine (slowing down, finally stalling out) was the same as I've experienced with other outboards without this barrier...

Thanks in advance for any input..

Bob
    Bob, I have 250 4 strokes and put stabilizer in the fuel and run RV antifreze through the freshwater intake. Talking to my mechanic a few minutes ago, he thought fogging the way you did it would be adequate.

Comment

Working...
    X