Starting and Running Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting and Running Problems

I have a couple different things going on with my boat. I have a 1998 Century 1901 Bay Boat with a 115hp Yamaha outboard Saltwater Series Motor. My boat started having a tough time finding the spot in neutral to crank but the motor would run good once I got it to crank. Now I still have to find the right spot to crank it but along with that once I crank my boat the gauges do not work and the motor will not do anymore than idle. But if I can get the gauges working it will run great. It cant be a motor problem because when I jump the motor off of the solenoids it runs fine. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

For the starting in neutral prblem may need to check shift cable adjustment or may have bad neutral saftey switch in control box. For the guage and running problem it may have bad ignition switch.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

How do I go about adjusting the shift cable connection. As far as the ignition I would just replace the ignition under the key. Is this correct. I am also thinking about changing the kill switch do you think that is a good idea. Let me know and thanks for your help.

Comment

If you have key switch panel in dash use 704-82570-08-00 switch panel complete. Take shift loose from engine, put control box in neutral and set sfifter on motor to neutral position and adjust cable end to fit back on shift linkage.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Is this the part number for the ignition i need (704-82570-08-00)??

Comment

Yes that will complete switch panel with key switch and landyard switch. If you have 703 side mount control box then this switch will not work.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

My ignition and key and everything is in the center console. Right by the steering wheel. It is not side mounted on anything. I believe the item number you gave me will work.

Comment

Yes 704-82570-08-00 would be the correct one.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Would you happen to know the best and cheapest place to get one is???

Comment

We have them in stock here at boats.net for $119.87
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, I will be ordering from you.

Comment

Just wanted to give everyone an update. Turns out I had only one problem which was the single key ignition switch. Changed that out boat ran perfect, went out to Englewood all weekend for a bachelor party/fishing trip and it ran great. Best deal and fast shipping from boats.net. Thanks for all your help!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X