Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tach adapter 6Y5-85335-10-00 , will it do this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach adapter 6Y5-85335-10-00 , will it do this???

trim and temp not working on new tach

I have a Multifunction Tach from a rigging kit 6YR-W0035-F2-00

I have a 1999 Yamaha two stroke 200hp SX200TXRY

I have yamaha tach adapter interface 6Y5-85335-10-00

does not show trim angle (one bar at bottom does not move)

temperature light (bar) blinks all the time (even with ignition on and engine off)
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Here is what i tried.........

the trim/temp conector from the engine harness at helm is a 4 wire connector, the engine harness has grey, pink, black, orange. the tach adapter has grey, pink, black (only three wires!!!!!!!!!!)

DIP switched
    tired other combinations of dip switch settings, 4 stroke vs 2 stroke, 6 pole vs 12 pole, 2 wire vs 3 wire trim sender.....

With this special harness adapter, should the trim sender dip switch be set to 2 or 3 wire???????????????? (since only two wires on the adapter are going to the 3 wire sender - DIP switch could be set anywhere)

When I switched DIP switch between 2/4 stroke, the oil light was blinking on 4stoke but showed full on 2 stroke

When I switched DIP switch between 2/3 wire trim sender I either had one bar 3 wire or all full bars (2 wire) on trim indicator and never moved with the engine (or when I manually operated the trim sender below the pivot shaft with my hand)

6/12 pole - I do not remember seeing anything different with the oil and temp indicator when changing

2 stroke oil tank reading is good (two green wire harness)
    __________________________________________________ ______

any ideas if this tach will work on this engine?

Thanks!!!!!

The 6YR-W0035-F2-00 and 6YR-W0035-E2-00 gauge kit's are for 2005 and newer engines. For 1994-2004 engines use
    6Y5-8350T-82-00 Multifunction Tach
    68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil Harness
    6Y5-83553-N0-00 Gauge power harness
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for those part numbers

does anyone know the application for adapter harness 6Y5-85335-10-00 ???

AND

to be sure there is not a engine wiring issue or trim sender problem

how can I test the gray temp wire (ohms, continuity, connections etc) so I can see what the signal is actually on the gray wire.

And on the trim sender, how to test 3 wire sender confirm proper operation - ohms between pairs, voltage sent down the wires? etc? (pink, orange, black)

thanks!

Comment

I'm sorry I gave you the wrong information. After reading post again I realized we were talking about 2 different part numbers and I called Yamaha to confirm.
        6Y5-85335-00-00 is to make older gauges(1994-2004) work on 2005 and newer motors.
        6Y5-85335-10-00 is to make newer gauges(6YR-W0035-E2-00 and 6YR-W0035-F2-00 kits) work on older 1994-2004 motors. It connectes between Trim/Oil harness and gauges at console.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

Captkatz, how did you resolve your issue, I have the exact same setup, same part numbers, same symptoms with the exemption that when I turn the key on, I have a solid alarm. I went thru the same diag procedures you did. Any resolve on your end, or did you just end up buying the correct gauges? I am at that point, but I'll wait for your reply. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chambooka View Post
              Captkatz, how did you resolve your issue, I have the exact same setup, same part numbers, same symptoms with the exemption that when I turn the key on, I have a solid alarm. I went thru the same diag procedures you did. Any resolve on your end, or did you just end up buying the correct gauges? I am at that point, but I'll wait for your reply. Thanks.
              does your gauge have a set of wires with a tag on them hooked together, if so read the tag, this might resolve your issue

Comment

No Tag on harness other than "to engine" and "to gauges", Tag on gauge is just the dip switch settings,however; the trim issue, 2 problems, (1) a faulty trim sender, broken arm (2) even though I have a 3 wire trim sender, I was not aware that once you install the adapter harness at the gauge you have to change the dip switch from 3 wire to 2 wire. Installed a new trim sender, Trim is now working on gauge, and I did try on both dip switch settings, only worked when set to "2 wire" although it is not exactly synchronized with the port motor. Will have to make a few adjustments, or possibly a "lagging" port trim sender since the starboard is new. Problem one solved.

Problem #2, the solid alarm. On the adapter harness itself there is a solid gray wire that has been factory taped and looped and connected to itself. I simply unplugged that wire and both the alarm and the flashing temp bar went away. I did not have any alarms before changing out this gauge, I replaced it due to a faded and almost unreadable screen.

When gauges power up, they seem to be going thru the self test fine.

Would someone please confirm my resolve just in case I have missed something PLEASE.

Both the new tach and speedo seem to be working fine. I feel that the last step would be to test all the different failsafe alarm systems to make sure they are monitoring engine data properly. This seems to be a major breakthrough ,however; next time I will do my homework little more diligently and acquire the correct parts so as not to run into these type of issues. I am new to Yamaha and this has been quite a lesson learned.
                Last edited by chambooka; 07-06-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Hey everybody, after installing the new trim sender and tach on the starboard motor, the trim level was out of sync between the two motors (quite a bit), I tried adjusting both senders, they are closer, but still not right. The port sender also is very slow to respond compared to the new one.

Is this a result of having two different tachs? In other words, the port side tach is still original (2004 and older-2 connectors) and the starboard side has the newer design (one connector and the adaptor harness).

Does anyone have any engine angle/resistance specs? I'm wondering if the port side trim sender that seems to be working is out of range internally?

Or is this just a total cluster?

Thanks in advance.

Twin 1998 200's 2 stroke carb's.

Comment

Anyone ? Help please.

Comment

Working...
                    X