Fuel/oil mix for 25 Yamaha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/oil mix for 25 Yamaha?

Just bought a new 25 Yamaha and just finished the break-in. The owners manual states to use a 100:1 fuel/oil mix after my break-in period. I am sure they know what they are doing but this seems a little light on oil doesn't it? Especially during storage for a month at a time. I thought about going 50:1 but a couple of local mechanics say that it won't run right and will lead to carbon buildup since this motor was made to run 100:1. What are your thoughts and experiences about this? Thanks.

Yes 50:1 would be excessive, 100:1 is the best ratio for it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Just curious, anyone else care to give some more imput on this?

Comment

My 70 hp Yamaha automatically mixes to 100:1. This seems a bit lean to me also so I add a couple of ounces of oil to each 5 gallons of fuel I put in my tank. The motor runs fine with the extra oil and I feel more confident that I'm getting plenty of lubrication to the engine. I did this same thing to my Yamaha motorcycle and when the automatic oiler quit working on it I had just enough oil in the gas that I was able to limp home without burning up the engine. Try your mix a little richer and if it fouls your plugs then go back to the 100:1 mix. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X